Tricks to Making an Elegant High Bun
High buns are chic, easy to do, and look absolutely effortless when done right.
High buns are also known as the ‘ballet bun’ as dancers have to master the style. The style is not limited to ballet dancers though; anyone with any type of hair — natural or relaxed, with a weave or without — can achieve this style. All you need is hair that’s long enough to be tied into a high bun.
- With a paddle brush, brush your hair up to the crown of your head
- Apply some hair wax, gloss or gel to your hair as you brush (optional)
- Gather the hair into a ponytail holder and secure it. Move your head from side to side to make sure it’s not loose
- Divide the ponytail into four sections, then wrap each section onto the next until you get a ‘donut’ shape
- As you wrap the hair, use bobby pins to secure it into place
- Make sure to tuck in any stray hair
- Spray the styled hair with a hair mist or hairspray, if you so prefer…and you are done!
I prefer a loose bun, but the finished look is up to you. I recommend that you wear thick black eyeliner and a bold lip color, think red, with this style.
Experiment with your bun. Have fun!blog comments powered by Disqus