During the civil rights movement in the 20th century, anyone who stood up for the rights of African Americans became a possible target for assassination. White supremacists were usually behind these assassinations backed by racist authorities and the police. As we celebrate Black History Month, here are some of the activists who served as martyrs for the freedom of black people in Africa and beyond.
- From $40m to borrowing money for fast food, here’s how T-Pain lost all of his money
- Restaurant manager ordered to pay $546,000 to Black man he enslaved for five years
- These native Africans were the original inhabitants of the Philippines
- How a white fan besieged a Ghanaian soccer player on the field to strip him of his jersey
- ‘Homeless’ chess genius now a National Chess Master at the age of 10