Ghana is all set to have the largest hotel in Africa and 50th in the world as part of moves to shape the country’s burgeoning tourism sector.
Owned by the country’s Minister of State in charge of National Security, Bryan Acheampong, the Rock City Hotel is located in Nkwatia Kwahu, in the Eastern Region. Construction began 11 years ago and is currently partially opened for business.
- Celebrity parents you didn’t know have twins
- Homeless Stormzy lookalike shown the best of love after viral video, gets over $25k in support
- Cardi B is first woman to win ASCAP Songwriter of the Year for second year in a row
- Exploring the Agadez Mosque in Niger, the tallest mud-brick structure in the world
- 10 best Father’s Day songs that will give your dad all the feels
More about this
Managers of the hotel resort said they are programmed to officially open phase 1 which will comprise 608 rooms by November 2020 and complete phase 2 with 1,592 rooms and all other amenities and facilities by 2025.
With a total of 2,200 rooms, Rock City will come with incredible attractions such as a world-class aquarium and water park, a zoo, cable cars, motorsport, an 18 and 9-hole golf course, among others.
A stunning hotel you need to experience whenever you are in Ghana, Rock City is targeting Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Exhibitions (MICE) and also positioning as a Family and Fun destination.
Take a look at the luxurious hotel below: