“Drake is possibly the hardest person to get in touch with,” he said. “Let’s be clear. Every song he does goes No. 1. He’s just like the Michael Jackson of this time,” Joe said while discussing Ross’ connection to Drake and showing admiration for the “6 God” rapper.
- Nicole Ari Parker says husband Boris Kodjoe isn’t romantic anymore, and fans are left wondering
- 5 ways hiking could make you live longer
- Whoopi Goldberg says cops must relearn how to police: ‘Because now they’re soldiers, and we’re not in a war’
- For the second time, Teyana Taylor has given birth in her bathroom
- Tina Turner is back with a remix of ‘What’s Love Got To Do With It?’
More about this
Fans of the late King of Pop have since not taken the comparison well, and have come out strongly to defend the late music icon.
It appears Joe was only trying to highlight Drake’s success in the rap game for the past decade and his “penchant for No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 hits”, which Joe thinks puts the Canadian-born artist in the same category as Jackson.
Drake in 2018 surpassed Jackson’s record of 37 No. 1 hits when “Nice For What” occupied No. 1 on the Hot 100 chart, earning him his 38th chart-topping single either as a lead or featured artist.
Still, fans of Jackson are not happy with Joe for his “daring comparison.” Check out some of the reactions: