John Boyega served us a dose of Nigerian swagger at the European premiere of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker in London and we just can’t get enough!
The British-Nigerian actor, on Wednesday, decided to ditch the usual suit and tie for a traditional blue agbada fit with very delicate gold embroidery and a cap.
- Last-minute DIY Halloween costume ideas that won’t break the bank
- Black celebrities who have been honored with their own Barbie dolls
- These dapper black sportsmen can easily pass as supermodels
- Photos of the Nigerian queen who wowed everyone during her 1956 trip to London in traditional attire
- Teyana Taylor and M.A.C Cosmetics partner for ’90s inspired makeup collection
More about this
Boyega, who plays Finn in the sci-fi/fantasy movie, was joined by his family who also adorably wore matching outfits.
His flawless look was widely received with a positive response on social media.
— Star Wars UK (@StarWarsUK) December 18, 2019
“For a Nigerian kid raised on Star Wars, this means everything to me. Representation matters. Thank you,” someone wrote.
“Nigerians are always extra, they look good on their native wear,” another said.
Take a look at some photos of Boyega at the premiere below. How did he look?
John Boyega and his family attend the European premiere of ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ in traditional clothing 💙 pic.twitter.com/GqwtICJq46
— Dionne Grant (@DionneGrant) December 18, 2019
I’m not active yet but I just want to say I love this look mr John boyega sir pic.twitter.com/oVIqlbmCWF
— alanah ~ saw tros (@Oscxjdameron) December 18, 2019
— kareem yasin (@thekareem) December 18, 2019
Daisy Ridley & John Boyega at the Eurppean Premiere for #TheRiseOfSkywalker
OUR PEANUTS 💕 pic.twitter.com/DJq9VGjUDB
— Star Wars Stuff (@starwarstuff) December 18, 2019