Carbohydrates are a good source of energy but too many carbs just turn into fat, especially for people who are not active during the day.
The dietary guidelines recommend one takes about 225 to 325 grams of carbohydrates a day if they eat a 2000 calorie diet. Carbohydrates provide about 46 to 65 percent of one’s daily recommended calorie intake.
- Megan Thee Stallion puts sexy back in denim with her Fashion Nova collab
- Queen Latifah to play lead role in CBS ‘Equalizer’ reboot
- Inside Sirai House, Kenya’s ‘exclusive lodge for billionaires’
- For the first time, Disney is teaming up with an African entertainment company for a new sci-fi series
- Six inspiring quotes to keep your spirits up during the pandemic
More about this
For those on a weight loss journey, dietitians recommend you eat about 50 to 150 grams of carbs a day.
Most people cannot go a day without bread. White bread contains 46 grams of carbs per 100 grams and multigrain bread contains 43 grams of carbs per 100 grams.
Cloud bread is extremely soft, fluffy, airy, soft and it literally melts in your mouth. It is a great replacement for the regular flour bread and very easy to make.
Try this recipe and let us know how you liked it.
No Carb Cloud Bread Only FOUR Basic Ingredients:
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
These ingredients are optional and highly recommended:
- 1 TBS Brown Sugar (or honey, or your favorite granulated sweetener) I like to use Coconut Palm Sugar because it is low glycemic and adds a subtle sweetness to my baking and is perfect for coffee or tea)
- Also optional are pinch of salt, garlic powder, rosemary and other favorite spices/herbs
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius)
- Separate the eggs, there must be no yolk in the white.
- In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, cream cheese and sweetener until smooth, set aside.
NB: The KEY to success to this recipe is you need to fluff up your egg whites to stiff peaks. It takes about 5-6 minutes using an electric hand mixer or electric stand mixer.
- In the second bowl add 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder to the whites and beat the whites on high speed until they are fluffy, form high peaks (or stiff peaks) and hold their peaks. It should look something like this (left image above)
- Slowly fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites and mix carefully and slowly – you don’t want to break the fluffiness of the egg whites and the overall mixture too much.
- Do the following as quickly as possible or the mixture may start melting: Spoon the mixture into 10-12 even rounds onto lightly greased baking sheet, sprinkle w/ rosemary and your favorite spices and put it in the oven.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes on the middle rack.
- Then broil (cook the top) for 1 minute and watch it until they become nice and golden brown. At this point make sure you watch them so they don’t burn
- Remove from the oven and you literally can enjoy immediately!
How to store Cloud Bread
They can be stored in the container on your counter-top for three days. They can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to seven days and they are freezable. If you decide to toast them, set the timer for one minute or the sides may burn.
Cloud bread nutrition information:
Calories 38.5 per bread, Total Fat 2.9 g, Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g, Dietary Fiber 0.0 g Sugars 0.8g Protein 2.2 g.
Vitamin A 3.0 %, Vitamin B-12 2.7 %, Vitamin B-6 1.3 %, Vitamin D 3.0 %, Vitamin E 0.2%, Calcium 3.7 %, Copper 0.1 %, Folate 1.9 %, Iron 1.8 %, Magnesium 0.1 %, Manganese 0.1 %, Pantothenic Acid 0.1%, Phosphorus 4.5 %, Riboflavin 3.5 %, Selenium 0.2 %, Zinc 1.4 %.