Carey’s vocals are unequivocal and we love her for that but little did we know that her memoir which was released on Wednesday night would make its way to the top, not that we doubted her writing skills.
- Five must-have apps for your android phone
- Meek Mill and girlfriend split days after Kanye said he cheated with Kim
- Watermelon season is here! Here are five creative ways to enjoy the fruit this summer
- After Black Is King, Ghana’s Blitz Bazawule is set to direct The Color Purple musical film
- Tekashi 6ix9ine’s $200k charity donation rejected: ‘I have never seen something so cruel’
More about this
In a tweet, she expressed her gratitude to everyone for taking pains to read her work, which she poured three years of her life into making a reality.
“Wow. Stunned, humbled & grateful. Writing this memoir nearly consumed my life for the last three years. ❤️U MAD. to everyone who has taken the time to read my story & make this dream a reality. It almost makes it tolerable to have lived through these experiences! LOL”
Carey gave out mad love to her co-writer, stylist, veteran journalist and fashion activist Michaela Angela Davis, who helped Carey bring her life’s journey to life.
Davis shared this beautiful line about working with Carey in a post, “There is beauty even through bleakness…celebrated like the family we have become.”
According to Billboard, the book talks about the highs and lows of her career, her romantic struggles, and the racism she’s had to endure as a biracial child and much more.
One can say, this book is Mariah Carey unmasked and we’re here for it.