Taraji P. Henson launched her natural hair products line, TPH by Taraji hair collection in January and it is safe to say she is not selling us anything fake. Have you seen her hair? The Empire star has natural hair that is absolutely to die for.
She is not the first celebrity to launch her own hair care line but if quarantine days revealed anything, they showed us how the celebrities embraced their natural tresses, and Taraji was not left behind.
- Check out the ’49-99′ Tiwa Savage inspired EndSARS awareness campaign created by Nikki Billie Jean
- DIY detachable ponytail tutorials you didn’t know you needed
- Coronavirus may have us in worrying times, but Naija Twitter still got jokes
- Relive Rihanna’s 15-year music journey with 15 of her best songs
- Watch Serena Williams dance to Megan Thee Stallion’s ‘Body’ during tennis practice
More about this
Our healthy hair regimens could see a boost with the 18-piece line that includes scalp care, cleansing, repair, and treatment.
Casting our minds back, Taraji wore the most luscious wigs on and off the screen and I bet no one thought she has such gorgeous hair. She pointed out in an interview with Hypehair that it is so easy to forget to care for our hair when in protective styles like wigs.
“Women think that just because you have your hair braided up under a weave or wig that you don’t have to [do anything else],” said Taraji.
Black celebrities have begun to embrace their natural hair on the red carpets because that is the kind of representation we need and as Taraji rightly puts it, “God broke the mold when he made you; there’s no one else out there like you,” she said. “Just celebrate that.
“When you just commit to loving yourself it’s infectious. Everyone else looks at you like, ‘Oh, what kind of magic she got?'”
Here are some of our favorite looks of the award-winning actress rocking her natural hair.