The legendary Dionne Warwick took to Twitter earlier this week to casually pitch her biopic to giant streaming platform Netflix and specifically wants singer and actor Teyana Taylor to play her in the series.
“Now I really gotta know this: if I did a series, would you guys really watch? I want you to be honest now,” Warwick said in the video she tweeted, also pitching the idea directly to Netflix.
- Seven places you should visit to experience rich African-American history and culture
- Why marriage among the Nuer of South Sudan is not complete until the bride gives birth to two children
- Get to know some of the most popular meat delicacies in Africa and their local names
- How to avoid touching your face as coronavirus spreads
- Styling your favourite celebs! These are the amazing African designers taking fashion global
More about this
— Dionne Warwick (@dionnewarwick) December 16, 2020
The movie streaming platform is not against the pitch as sources from TMZ say they are interested in the biopic series idea. Some say their response to Warwick’s initial tweet, “taking notes”, could be a green light from Netflix.
In an Instagram post, Taylor is fascinated about the idea of playing Warwick in the potential series and says her doors are open to the project.
“When the LEGENDARY @therealdionnew had this moment w/ @netflix & they started jotting notes in their palm pilots…I was lookin at them likeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee” She continued, “P.S. One thing about them doors…..They open.”
There is a striking resemblance between the two and so it’s no wonder Warwick specifically picked the young singer, who has since announced her retirement from music to protect her mental health, to play her in a biopic series.