The Queen B turns 39 today and as we all know, she is very private about certain aspects of her life. She has had big celebrations in the past but today, as she has been spending a lot of time in the Hamptons with the family, she is set to spend her birthday with them.
Beyonce recently released her visual album “Black is King”, which was met with love and gratitude by the Bey Hive for its unique choreography, artistry, fierce looks, and creative direction.
“Black is King” is based on music from “The Lion King: The Gift,” which was a soundtrack to the 2019 remake of Disney’s “The Lion King” produced by Beyonce. The album was written, directed and executive produced by the multifaceted beauty Beyonce herself. We stan!
To celebrate Beyonce’s birthday, here are 10 inspiring quotes from “Black Is King” to stir up the ‘power’ in you.
1. “We have always been wonderful. I see us reflected in the world’s most heavenly things. Black is king. We were beauty before they knew what beauty was.”
2. “Let Black be synonymous with glory.”
3. “The world will always tell you that you’re something else, that you’re too dark, too short, whatever. We need to show Black men and women are emotional, are strong, are smart, intuitive.”
4. “That’s what really being a king is, taking care of your responsibilities and making sacrifices that I may or may not want to make. Sometimes we can’t go out, we gotta work, you know what I’m saying? That’s kingship to me, taking care of what’s really yours
5. “Life is a set of choices. Lead or be led astray. Follow your light or lose it.”
6. “You can’t wear a crown with your head down. I can’t say I believe in God and call myself a child of God and then not see myself as a God.”
7. “The royalty in you is there for you to be a blessing to others, for you to leave a legacy that others can look to and find hope and find strength and find healing, as well.”
8. “When it’s all said and done, I don’t even know my own native tongue. And if I can’t speak myself, I can’t think myself, and if I can’t think myself, I can’t be myself. But if I can’t be myself, I will never know me. So, Uncle Sam, tell me this, if I will never know me, how can you?”
9. “There’s something about kingship, you know? There’s something about walking in the room with your head high and not disrespecting your crown by bowing your neck, you know?”
10. “History is your future. One day, you will meet yourself back where you started, but stronger.”