With just 1.5 U.S. dollars, she started a school in Daytona, Florida to empower African-American girls. She was an American educator, stateswoman, philanthropist, humanitarian and civil rights...
You may also like
- Women Gabrielle Union at the #Blogher18 Creators Summit: Top Moments
- Women “Black women aren’t just changing the pan-African narrative, they are changing the world’s narrative on women!”
- Video Kuomboka: The festival of the Lozi people of Zambia marking the flooding of the Zambezi
- Video Kpokpoi: Food for the dead and living cooked once a year by the Ga tribe of Ghana
- Video What do you know about the African music genre named after an alcoholic drink?
- Video 11-year-old girl bullied over her skin color turns shame into big fashion business
- Video How black power support got this Australian athlete banned for life
- Video Pan-African Women Forum 2018 Recap
- Video Watch the highlights from the 2018 FACE List Awards Gala