Keke Palmer’s ex-boyfriend Darius Jackson is alleging the actress subjected him to physical and verbal abuse in his response to her request for the domestic violence restraining order that she filed against him.
As previously reported by Face2Face Africa, Palmer in documents filed in a Los Angeles court on November 9 claimed that Jackson physically attacked her on multiple occasions. She also cited the instances where Jackson allegedly abused her physically and emotionally, claiming that it happened over two years.
The Akeelah and the Bee star was ultimately granted a temporary restraining order against Jackson. She was also granted temporary sole custody of their 9-month-old son Leodis.
But in his response to the 30-year-old’s request for the domestic violence restraining order against him, Jackson claimed Palmer was rather “the primary aggressor” when they were together, court documents filed on Friday stated, per PEOPLE.
The 29-year-old also highlighted multiple occasions where Palmer “engaged in abusive conduct during the two-and-a-half-year relationship.” Jackson also alleged the Nope actress was physically and verbally abusive towards him.
Jackson cited multiple occasions where Palmer allegedly punched, choked, and hit him. In one such instance, he claimed Plamer in November 2021 “called him over 200 times and sent him over 50 emails” when he “told her he would not spend the night with her.”
The 29-year-old further claimed that in March 2022, he changed his phone number to prevent Palmer from “further” harassing and threatening him. He also alleged Palmer “frequently became agitated and aggressive after consuming alcohol.”
Palmer in her filing had claimed that on November 5, Jackson “trespassed” into her home without “my knowledge or consent, threatened me, then physically attacked me — lunging for my neck, striking me, throwing me over the couch, and stealing my phone when I told him I was going to call the police.”
But Jackson in his response alleged that the video Palmer provided was “misleading”, PEOPLE reported. He also alleged Palmer was rather the “primary aggressor” because of her past behavior and asked for “stay-away and no-contact orders.”
Jackson in the documents asked the court to grant him “joint legal and physical custody” of their son, claiming that Palmer has since “unilaterally eliminated any and all access” to their child.
Palmer and Jackson’s court date was initially scheduled for December 5. But they postponed it to “allow the parties time to attend mediation,” documents stated, per PEOPLE. A source who knows Palmer told the news outlet that the 30-year-old “agreed to mediation because the case has gotten so much speculation and media attention, and she is concerned about her privacy, Leo’s privacy, and the privacy of her family.”
“Keke will continue to protect her safety and the safety of Leo above all else,” the source said.