The motherland is definitely a tourists’ haven, and as we near the holiday season, quite a handful of tourists will be thronging the continent to let their hair down.
With accommodation always being a number one priority, getting the right place with the right amenities that will give your money’s worth is sometimes a herculean task, especially when you’re ready to splash your cash but you’re spoilt for choice.
With several top-notch hotels on the continent, this seems to be the case at times. However, if you happen to find yourself in this situation and you just can’t seem to choose among the best, don’t worry, we got you covered!
To make this usually strenuous process a bit easier, luxury and lifestyle travel magazine, Condé Nast Traveler, has released the top hotels in Africa for its 2019 Readers’ Choice Awards.
In its 32nd annual edition, a total of 600,000 voters segmented the very best travel destinations across several parts of the continent for the year in question. Out of almost 10,000 hotels, resorts, and destination spas that were voted for, less than 15% made the list.
For the best hotels in Africa category, these beautifully stunning ones below made the enviable top 10 list. Take a look at their rankings and be sure to put them up for consideration just in case you’re touching down soon.
10. Giraffe Manor (Nairobi, Kenya) | Score: 97. 27
9. Cape Grace Hotel (Cape Town, South Africa) | Score: 97.72
8. The Oyster Box (Umhlanga, South Africa) | Score: 97.85
7. Ellerman House (Bantry Bay, South Africa) | Score: 98.04
6. La Residence (Franschhoek, Western Cape, South Africa) | Score: 98.08
5. The Silo Hotel (Cape Town, South Africa) | Score: 98.09
4. Gibb’s Farm (Karatu, Tanzania) | Score: 98.19
3. One&Only Cape Town (Cape Town, South Africa) | Score: 98.44
2. La Mamounia (Marrakech, Morocco) | Score: 99.05
1. Royal Mansour (Marrakech, Morocco) | Score: 99.56