There are some things that you just do not do in the workplace because they can get you fired. Then there are others that can land you that big promotion you have been waiting for. What is proper business etiquette? To help steer you in the right direction, F2FA has compiled a list of 10 workplace Do’s and Don’ts that you must know about. Check them out below:
More about this
2. Join the latest clique.
3. Brown-nose. While you might think it’s appreciated it’s not very flattering.
4. Whistle blow. Nobody likes a tattle-tell.
5. Take company material thinking it was purchased on your behalf.
6. React negatively to constructive criticism.
7. Go waltzing in the office on your own time.
8. Act like a know-it-all because you will be doing-it-all.
9. Bring your kids to work. It’s not the local daycare center.
10. Show up in the same attire you wore to the club the night before.
1. Adopt “the less I know the better off I am” approach when it comes to workplace gossip.
2. You’re more likely to be respected when you stand on your own.
3. Take initiative and make recommendations and suggestions that will benefit the company.
4. Build a positive rapport with your coworkers. You’re not looking for a best friend but a positive relationship makes it easy to clock in and clock out.
5. Give others a chance to speak and most importantly listen to what is being said.
6. It’s great to arrive on time but getting there early shows your passion for the job and the company.
7. Take lunch to work and stop the unnecessary spending.
8. Occasionally treat the office to lunch but if your office resembles an auditorium then you may want to limit it to just your favorite coworkers.
9. Treat everyone like you would want to be treated since what you give is exactly what you get.
10. Always dress to impress because you never know who you’ll run into.