Enough of the chocolates and flowers this Valentine’s Day. Show that special person that you care about them this year in a different way – with music. As Africans, we have so many love songs in a variety of genres you can pick from. Face2face Africa has assembled some surefire Valentine’s Day songs to show your significant other how sweet you can be. Enjoy!
- Tignon Laws: The dreadful rule that banned black women from displaying their hair
- Idubor, the giant warrior prince of Benin who could uproot palm trees with his bare hands
- The Black Jew from Barbados who worked with Garvey and composed the UNIA anthem
- Sylvia Robinson, the little-known mother of hip-hop who put out the first-ever rap record
- Dave Chappelle’s great-grandfather was born enslaved but became president of an HBCU