Fortress of Sao Miguel
Built in 1576, the Fortress of Sao Miguel was a Portuguese fortress located in Luanda, Angola’s capital. It was constructed by Portuguese Governor Pualo Dias de Novais, who was also the grandson of explorer Bartolomeu Dias. The fortress was used as the administrative center of the colony in 1627. Currently, the building serves as a museum for the country’s armed forces and has been renamed Museu Nacional de Historia Natural de Angola.