Campaigners in Uganda have lost a challenge over a government’s campaign to use curvy women to attract tourists to the country. Nasasi Belinda, a Ugandan businesswoman, won the east African country’s first-ever “Miss Curvy” beauty pageant that was recently introduced to not only champion the beauty of curvaceous women but also bring in tourists.
- How Rihanna, the world’s richest female musician, built a $600 million net worth
- Why Nigerians believe their president has been replaced by a Sudanese clone
- Michael Jordan opens second Charlotte clinic for patients with no health insurance
- From slave to architect, meet the South Carolina man who built America’s biggest bridges in the 1800s
- 12-year-old successfully swims from Saint Lucia to Martinique within 13 hours