News April 26, 2022 at 08:00 am

Megan says fellow rapper Tory Lanez offered her $1M to say nothing after allegedly shooting her

Francis Akhalbey | Content Manager

Francis Akhalbey April 26, 2022 at 08:00 am

April 26, 2022 at 08:00 am | News

Megan Thee Stallion claims Tory Lanez offered her $1 million to say nothing about the shooting -- Left Photo @torylanez on Instagram | Right Photo via @theestallion on Instagram

Megan Thee Stallion claims Tory Lanez offered her $1 million to say nothing about the 2020 shooting incident where the Canadian rapper allegedly opened fire on her following a disagreement. The two musicians were in a car with other occupants when the shooting occurred.

The Texas rapper opened up about the highly publicized shooting in a sit-down with Gayle King on CBS. And during the interview that was released on Monday, Megan claimed Tory Lanez tried preventing her from revealing details about the shooting to the police by offering her the said amount of money.

“Everything happens so fast,” the WAP rapper said as she recalled the events leading to the shooting. “And all I hear is this man scream, and he said, ‘Dance, b*tch.’ He start shooting, and I’m just like, Oh my God.”

“I didn’t even want to move, I didn’t want to move too quick,” she continued. “Cause I’m like, oh, my God. If I take the wrong step, I don’t know if he’s going to shoot something that’s, like, super important. I don’t know if he could shoot me and kill me.’

“I was really scared ’cause I had never been shot at before,” she added.

Asked about Tory’s reaction in the aftermath of the shooting, Megan said the 29-year-old rapper and singer was remorseful. “He’s apologizing,” a tearful Megan said. “He’s saying, ‘I’m so sorry. Please don’t tell nobody. I’ll give you a million dollars if y’all don’t say nothing.’ I’m like, ‘What are you talking about?’ Like, ‘Why are you offering me money right now. Help me. And if you’re sorry, just help me.'”

The Savage rapper did not initially inform the police that Tory had shot her when officers responded to the scene and asked them to exit the vehicle at gunpoint. The 27-year-old maintained she kept mum because she feared the responding officers would open fire on them if she did so.

“I didn’t want them to kill any of us, or shoot any of us,” Megan explained. “Even though this person just did this to me, my first reaction still was to try to save us. I didn’t want to see anybody die.”

Megan’s former friend Kelsey Harris was in the vehicle when the shooting happened. And text messages that were shared by CBS during the interview showed Harris texted Megan’s security guard after the shooting. “Help”, Harris texted. “Tory shot Meg.”

And though Tory had also later taken to social media to suggest he had been in a sexual relationship with Megan, the female rapper denied it. “I think that he is trying to deflect from the fact that he committed a crime,” Megan said.

In a statement, Tory’s attorney, Shawn Holley, denied Megan’s claim of the 29-year-old offering her money after the shooting. “We look forward to addressing Ms. Peete’s claims—including all its inconsistencies, discrepancies and omissions—in a court of law,” Holly said.

The July 2020 shooting left Megan with gunshot wounds to her feet, and she had to undergo surgery to remove shrapnel. Hospital records shared by CBS revealed there are bullet fragments in her foot.

Tory has been charged with one felony count each of assault with a semiautomatic firearm — personal use of a firearm — as well as carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The case will be heading to trial, and the pre-trial hearing has been scheduled for June 9.

Conversations

Must Read