Nigerians Outraged: Boko Haram Kidnaps About 185 People, Kills 33

F2FA December 19, 2014
_79808898_79808646

photo credit: BBC

Nigerians are once again outraged at the reports of another massacre and kidnapping by Militant group Boko Haram.  This time, the insurgents have kidnapped 185 women and children and killed 32 people during a raid in Northeastern Nigeria last Sunday.

News of the raid did not emerge until Thursday due to poor communication in that area. Authorities only learned about the act when survivors reached a nearby city.

According to eyewitnesses, gunmen in pickup trucks attached the village of Gumsuri on Sunday, killing some men, and assembling women and children.

“They gathered the women and children and took them away in trucks after burning most of the village with petrol bombs,” said a local government official.

SEE ALSO: AROUND 100 NIGERIAN SCHOOLGIRLS ABDUCTED BY BOKO HARAM

An eyewitness reports that women and children were taken after the militants fired heavy machine guns and poured gasoline on houses, setting them on fire.

A government spokesperson condemned the act as deplorable, but could not confirm the exact number of people missing since many civilians fled during the attach.

A witness told the BBC that he helped bury 33 bodies and that about 200 women and children had been kidnapped.

Conversations

Must Read

Connect with us

Join our Mailing List to Receive Updates