The 26th Annual Grammy Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles on February 28, 1984, was a very memorable one for Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson won 8 Grammys.
Riding on the buzz and success of his critically acclaimed Thriller album (certified 33x platinum and at a certain point was the best-selling album of all time), the king of pop, who was 25 years old at the time deservedly walked away with a record-breaking 8 awards from the 12 categories he was nominated for that night.
More about this
- Album of the Year – Thriller
- Best Pop Vocal Performance, Male – Thriller
- Producer of the Year, Non-Classical – Thriller (with Quincy Jones)
- Record of the Year – Beat It
- Best Rock Vocal Performance, Male – Beat It
- Best R&B Vocal Performance, Male – Billy Jean
- Best Rhythm & Blues Song – Billy Jean
- Best Recording for Children – E.T. the
Extra Terrestrial(with Quincy Jones)
Take a look at the memorable moments below: