Come June 21, many of us will be celebrating the most special men in our lives – our dads. Be it the men who raised us or the father figures in our lives, we are all probably anxious about what to get the man who sacrificed his time, wants and needs to make sure we had a pretty perfect childhood.
If you are still contemplating what unique gift to get your dad, especially the kind of dad that already has pretty much everything, consider curating an amazing playlist that is complete with all the songs that make you think of him while celebrating him this Father’s Day.
These songs can even serve as the backdrop of your Father’s Day brunch or dinner as you share a dance with your favorite man while reminiscing the special relationship you share.
1. “Dance With My Father” by Luther Vandross
2. “Daddy” by Beyoncé
3. “Just the Two of Us” by Will Smith
4. “Glory” by Jay-Z
5. “Babyfather” by Sade
6. “These Three Words” by Stevie Wonder
7. “Daddy Could Swear, I Declare” by Gladys Knight & The Pips
8. “Papa Don’t Take No Mess” by James Brown
9. “New Day” by Jay-Z and Kanye West
10. “Daughters” by Nas