Black ballet dancers are not widely spoken about. Most of the genres of dancing which feature women of color are the mainstream ones we see on social media and on our television sets. The following ballet dancers dare to be great in a world where dancing is so rigid, many do not make the cut. Here are the ballet dancers you need to fix your eyes on.
You may also like
- ‘We’re in shock’ – Dubai Crown Prince pays hospital bills of Nigerian mother stranded with quadruplets
- “Slavery was a necessary evil to build America” – Sen. Tom Cotton
- Stono Rebellion: The largest slave revolt in America led by slaves from Kongo in 1739
- Why did a Zulu king invite a delegation of Europeans to a meeting only to kill 100 of them?
- Five things you should know about record-breaking gymnast Gabby Douglas