Do you remember the song “Love Yourself” by Justin Bieber? The main reason for this article is to encourage you to love yourself, instead of depending on falling in love with someone as a means of attaining “love for yourself.” I’m not trying to say that falling in love is always bad, but if falling in love with someone is going to negatively affect your happiness, you should rather focus on loving yourself. You don’t need to “find love” because it’s already in you! So here are five reasons why you shouldn’t depend on somebody else to attain the love and happiness that already exists within you.
You may also like
- Melaninterest: Finally, we have a ‘Black Pinterest’ to cater to the Black community online
- Serena Williams and daughter Olympia star in first fashion campaign together and the internet is loving it
- Vanessa Williams opens up about ‘hurtful’ criticisms from Black community after historic Miss America win
- Meet the music producer turned mac and cheese mogul who worked with Pitbull, A$AP Rocky
- Did you know the freed slave kneeling before Lincoln was Muhammad Ali’s great-great-great-grandfather?
- A look at the oldest black-owned business in the U.S. founded in 1881 and still going strong
- This African American woman got no credit for designing the image of Roosevelt on the U.S dime in 1944
- Remembering the first Queen of England of African descent
- This Amazon scientist is investing $25m to transform her Mississippi hometown into a tech hub