Beware of the evil eye. The Buda or Bouda is a religion in which there is a belief in the power of inflicting the evil eye and being able to change into a Hyena (werehyena). This belief is held by a number of inhabitants of Ethiopia, Sudan, Tanzania, and the Berbers of Morrocco. Maybe this is why many Africans lower their gaze and avoid eye contact?
- Family loses seven-year legal battle as loyal manservant inherits $24m estate from master after 30-year service
- Risikat Azeez, the Nigerian abandoned by her husband because of her blue eyes
- 8 African heroes who led massive slave rebellions in the Caribbean but are less celebrated
- White American doctor complains of being ‘treated like a black person’ in airport arrest
- The fascinating story of Africa’s Kru people who avoided slavery by taking their own lives