1. How many languages are found in Africa? Over 2000.
2. Which of the African languages below is spoken in the Democratic Republic of Congo, the Republic of Congo and the Central African Republic? Lingala
3. How many African countries have French as an official or co-official language? 22
More about this
4. There is an organisation in Africa established to promote the use of African languages. True or False? True. It is known as the African Academy of Languages and was established in 2001 by the African Union.
5. No African language has its own alphabet. True or False? False.
6. All these are Lingua franca in African countries except one. Kirundi.
7. Which is the second most-spoken non-European language in Africa? Swahili. Arabic is the most spoken language on the continent.
8. Zimbabwe made history in 2013 as the country with the most official languages. How many languages are these? 16.
9. At least 52 languages are currently endangered in Africa. True or False? True.
10. Which of the following countries has creole as the national language? Sierra Leone