John Arthur Johnson, nicknamed the Galveston Giant, was one of America’s greatest boxers and the first black heavyweight boxing champion after he defeated Tommy Burns in Sydney, Australia,...
- April 24, 2018 at 12:53pm Could this unknown ancestor be protecting West Africans against tumours?
- April 24, 2018 at 08:39am [Poetic Attack] Michelle Angweny on poetry and being on the Brunel International African Poetry Prize shortlist
- April 24, 2018 at 03:42am Arrest warrant awaits former Malawi president Joyce Banda on her return
- April 24, 2018 at 01:53am Somaliland poet jailed over poem given full pardon
- April 23, 2018 at 03:14pm These African-American celebs were awarded for their humanitarian work
- April 23, 2018 at 08:12am Chimamanda Adichie puts Hillary Clinton to task for starting Twitter bio with ‘wife’
- April 23, 2018 at 04:36am Two South African women win 2018 Goldman environment prize
- April 23, 2018 at 02:51am African-American boxer convicted of accompanying white woman across state lines to get posthumous pardon
- April 23, 2018 at 01:49am Kenya grapples with death and displacement as floods sweep over the country
- April 22, 2018 at 05:40am Earth Day: These African countries have banned or restricted the use of plastic bags
- 1 day ago Chimamanda Adichie puts Hillary Clinton to task for starting Twitter bio with ‘wife’
- 2 days ago In Uganda’s Oyam district, women use sex as means of agricultural production
- 3 days ago Elizabeth II is also Queen of these eight Caribbean Islands
- 2 weeks ago From ATMs to gates, weird projects launched with pomp and colour by African politicians
- 2 days ago Kenya grapples with death and displacement as floods sweep over the country