The menace of plastic waste littering confronts many African cities. From clogging city drains to being an eyesore, they serve as a nuisance, but Ismaël Essome Ebone from the Cameroonian city of Douala proffers a solution. He decided to build boats from the plastic bottles to clean up the environment and also offer a cheaper alternative for fisher folks to own boats to make ends meet.
You may also like
- Joe Higgs, the unsung reggae pioneer who schooled Bob Marley, others
- After breaking jaw of MAGA supporter, Nigerian immigrant explains why he’s ‘more American than him’
- The sad end of Tom Molineaux, the 1700s bare-knuckles slave fighter who was America’s first boxing star
- The second wife of Marcus Garvey who sacrificed everything to make his dream possible
- The mystery of the Black couple who gave birth to a white baby