Welcome to our first edition of the “How To” series on Face2FaceAfrica.com. Every week we will take a social media trend or anything and look at “how we can do something from it”.
Today, let’s take a look at one story that has caught social media by storm in recent days. It is the story of how one Nigerian man, Chidimma Obodoechina Amedu, took the proverbial “shoot your shot” or “slide into my DM” seriously, and found his wife. What’s more? Amedu was so serious about getting married that he followed through on his word and went from courtship to traditional marriage ceremony in just 7 days.
So here is how Amedu married his Nigerian queen in 7 days:
More about this
- He posted a Facebook ad as follows on December 30th, 2017:
“I am of age to and I am ready to say I do and am wasting no time. Send in your applications. The most qualified will be married on January 6, 2018. Application closes 12mid night, 31/12/2017. Am serious about this oh and don’t say you did not see it on time. Goodluck.” he said on that day.
Sophy Ijeoma responded on the same day with a positive response:
- After careful consideration and private chat, Amedu and Ijeoma decided they were the perfect match.
- They probably sought out parental approval.
- Voila! Amedu posted this, having married on the day he said he would: “Others thought I was joking when I made the post that I needed to get married to any girl I would meet in few days from that day. Jokingly posted vacancy advert. She jokingly commented saying she was interested and on 6/1/18 I got married by Igbo tradition to my one in town egg. congrats. ij-Obodo. UDI gave me and I paid. Hahaahha.”
6. They will probably get court documents and have their church wedding in record time too.
So there you have it! Looking to find the one in 7 days? Try Amedu’s strategy and let me know how it goes.
Have an interesting or hilarious “How To” do anything from social media, pop culture trends or anything? Do send it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cheers!