Formerly called the Goat Hill, Fort Barrington was named so in 1779 after an Admiral replaced the earthworks there with a stable stone edifice.
More about this
The fort protected St. John’s Harbour from attack from enemies.
Fort Barrington has also served as a place to alert forces of impending attacks, as documented by National Parks Antigua.
The fort can be accessed via a brief hike.