Africa. A diverse landmass with a striking variety of habitats, wildlife, climate and natural occurrences. This continent has so much to offer adventurers and nature lovers alike. You just need to travel to this great land to experience some of its exclusive wonders. Here’s a quick look at five impressive sites (and sights) that can only be found in Africa.
- The life and suicide of Kalief Browder: A victim of Mike Bloomberg’s stop-and-frisk
- Meet the first black police officers of Atlanta who couldn’t arrest white people or use guns in 1948
- Sally Hemings, the slave of a U.S. president who had 6 children by him
- You probably didn’t know that California is named after a black queen
- The rise and fall of Debi Thomas, the best African-American figure skater