Dress codes have always defined the culture of societies. In Africa, for example, dress codes distinguish a liberal country from a conservative one. In fact, the decision on what or what not to wear remains one of the major decisions decided upon by repressive African regimes like Zambia, where a parliamentarian named Edith Nawakwi was pressured out of Parliament for dressing inappropriately.
Trending now see all
You may also like
- The tragic yet resilient story of Igbo slaves who committed mass suicide off U.S. coast in 1803
- How cornrows were used as an escape map from slavery across South America
- 6 African countries where people were stolen and shipped like animals to Europe
- Nigerian man buries father in new $90K BMW and the internet is going crazy
- 9 cheapest African countries to live in right now