Fortress of Sao Miguel
The Fortress of “S. Miguel” is established in the old mountain of S. Paulo, near the bridge of Luanda Island.
It is the first defensive edifice that was built in Angola by Paulo Dias de Novais, the first Governor of Angola in Luanda in 1575. It is a huge area, walled and fortified.
This Fortress, which has been kept intact in its totality, today serves as a Historical Monument that is actually the Central Museum of the country’s Army.