Homemade Love by Bell Hooks is a great read. This book focuses on a loving relationship between a girl and her parents. Using words of affirmation, hooks teaches parents that thru the ups and downs of daily life, children need to feel loved. The book has beautiful images that show Black family in a positive light.
You may also like
- The tragic yet resilient story of Igbo slaves who committed mass suicide off U.S. coast in 1803
- Five infamous African leaders who died a violent and barbaric death
- Hair wigs, the popular fashion accessory traced back to 1550 BC Africa
- Five reasons Africans may consider returning to voodoo
- The black magic that locks cheating spouses while in the act is real [VIDEOS]