African women continue to be discriminated against due to male-dominated societies that prefer that their women stay home and take care of children. In fact, many African communities still do not believe in women empowerment. Even with all the challenges, though, women in Africa have become major contributors to the continent’s growth and success. Here are five of the continent’s most-successful businesswomen.
- ‘Instead of bashing me, thank me’ – Teen who filmed George Floyd’s death hits out at critics
- Atlanta cop who beat 15-year-old black boy till he went unconscious gets 20-year sentence
- Outrage in Brazil as police kills 14-year-old boy leaving over 70 bullet marks
- His body was exhumed twice for a third autopsy, Kendrick Johnson the black teen who was found dead in a gym still cries for justice from his grave
- ‘I don’t care’ – Another video of police pinning black man to death released