African women continue to be discriminated against due to male-dominated societies that prefer that their women stay home and take care of children. In fact, many African communities still do not believe in women empowerment. Even with all the challenges, though, women in Africa have become major contributors to the continent’s growth and success. Here are five of the continent’s most-successful businesswomen.
- Why Jermaine Jackson ‘stole’ his younger brother’s lady and married her
- Born and killed in Egypt, the story of the first female mathematician, Hypatia
- We want sex – Kenya female prisoners beg officials
- Afro-jazz pioneer Manu Dibango dies from coronavirus
- Nigeria praises young female doctor who spotted first coronavirus case and saved lives