It used to be that the African girl child was not only relegated to the kitchen but also forced to couch her dreams in socially approved professions, such as hair-styling, catering, or being a nurse (rather than a doctor). Well times have changed, and these days women are making inroads in to the aviation sector. Here, Face2Face Africa underscores female African pilots who have succeeded in this male-dominated sector.
- Why Jermaine Jackson ‘stole’ his younger brother’s lady and married her
- Born and killed in Egypt, the story of the first female mathematician, Hypatia
- We want sex – Kenya female prisoners beg officials
- Afro-jazz pioneer Manu Dibango dies from coronavirus
- Nnamdi Asomugha, the Nigerian-American husband of Kerry Washington you never hear about