It used to be that the African girl child was not only relegated to the kitchen but also forced to couch her dreams in socially approved professions, such as hair-styling, catering, or being a nurse (rather than a doctor). Well times have changed, and these days women are making inroads in to the aviation sector. Here, Face2Face Africa underscores female African pilots who have succeeded in this male-dominated sector.
You may also like
- Kobe Bryant’s daughter also killed in helicopter crash
- 100-year-old becomes one of just four Tuskegee Airmen to achieve the rank of general
- From “terrorist” to “freedom fighter” – Five entities who changed their tune on Nelson Mandela
- This 20-year-old makes history as first black to become a Rhodes, Truman, and Udall scholar
- The life and suicide of Kalief Browder: A victim of Mike Bloomberg’s stop-and-frisk
- Rapper gets 99-year sentence for having his mom killed to inherit her savings
- Did you know Mississippi didn’t officially abolish slavery until 2013?
- The enslaved black people of the 1960s who did not know slavery had ended
- Meet the gallant all-black American female battalion that served in Europe during World War II