As Africa’s continent-wide free trade area becomes open for business, The Made Man Foundation (TMM) is hosting a series of international gatherings to discuss ways to maximize new and unprecedented opportunities. The series of events is part of TMM’s “100 Days of Action” campaign focused on building a global coalition among African nations and the worldwide diaspora.
The “invitation only” Virtual Press Conference will be held at Swahili Village’s D.C. location, also known as The Consulate, a fine African restaurant and social/cultural event space that fosters U.S.- African engagement.
WHAT: “Building Better Bridges: AfCFTA and the New Africa:” Event designed for journalists covering Africa, business, free-trade, and the global economy. For the full press release, please click here.
WHEN: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
5:00-6:00 pm | Virtual Press Conference. Please register via our Eventbrite site: bit.ly/BuildingBetterBridges. Your Zoom link and password will be released upon registration.
6:00-9:00 pm | Gathering for Ambassadors and VIP guests only.
WHERE: Swahili Village Bar & Grill, 1990 M Street, N.W., Washington, D.C. To experience the Swahili Village ambience, please visit www.theconsulatedc.com. For inquiries regarding Swahili Village, please contact Mr. Ike Nwaneri, 301.841.0012.
- Dr. Ky Dele, Founder, The Made Man Foundation
- Felix Chevalier, Partner, Cooke Chevalier, PPLC
- His Excellency Dr. Barfour Adjei-Barwuah, Ambassador of Ghana to the United States
- HIs Excellency Sidique Abou-Bakarr Wai, Ambassador of Sierra Leone to the United States
- Reverend Dr. George E. Holmes, Served and Assisted 4 US Presidents, National Clergy Leadership Network
- Jason Martin, Principal/Managing Partner, MCCG International
- Dr. Pam Sitienie, Principal, Onaps Advisory
- Charles Debow, Vice President, National Black Chambers of Commerce
- Dr. Tommie Thompson, President, Bazillio Cob Associate
- Dr. Charles Olawole, Principal, Graffiti Consulting Inc.