When a locust infestation consumed Somalia and Ethiopia destroying crops and threatening food security in the region, farmers and residents decided to come up with an ingenious solution. Residents in central Somalia resorted to frying locusts and serving them with rice with a verdict that they taste even better than fish.
You may also like
- Joe Higgs, the unsung reggae pioneer who schooled Bob Marley, others
- The mystery of the Black couple who gave birth to a white baby
- The second wife of Marcus Garvey who sacrificed everything to make his dream possible
- This black man was the first to set foot in Canada and the most sought-after translator in Europe in the 1600s
- Man wearing ‘Justice for Breonna Taylor’ shirt walked into a bar and killed three people