Nails may not be a guy’s No. 1 pick for a woman’s sexiest feature, but trust me, they do notice — whether you’re using them to tickle him or just adorning yourself with your favorite shade of polish. Remember, your talons can be a secret seduction weapon. Did you know when your nails are groomed and glossy, it’s a sign of sophistication? Well, today buff up on Face2Face Africa‘s 5 tips on how to make sure your hands are always on point.
SEE ALSO: All You Need To Know About Foundation
Ever since I was a little girl in kindergarten, painting my nails was the most-challenging task. In addition to providing tips that will give you a clean and neat application of polish, here are a few extra techniques for adding that professional touch:
1. Make sure to use a non-oil-based polish remover before applying polish. Use a plush buffer to smooth out any ridges and to refine the nail’s surface to ensure longevity to your mani.
2. Start at the center of the nail. This way, any excess of paint will slide on to your nail, not your cuticles.
3. Apply a stroke of polish on either side of the first one, from the base to the tip. Wait two minutes, then apply a second coat following the same moves.
4. Slash your polish drying time by applying two thin coats.
5. Once the polish is applied, a new trick my manicurist taught me in order to determine if my nails are 100 percent dry is to apply cold water to one nail. If the water glides off, you’re good to go!
Bonus Tip: Get those hands to be silky soft with this hand-pampering treatment:
- Before bed, whip up a sugar scrub by combining two tablespoons of olive oil with two tablespoons of sugar (yes, items you probably have at home).
- Massage it in to your hands until the sugar dissolves. Rinse off with warm water.
- Add a few drops of olive oil to a super-rich hand cream and rub it in to your cuticles.
- Slip on cotton gloves and wear them overnight. Your hands will feel amazingly soft in the morning, and he’ll never want you take your hands off of him!
Hot tip! Have a hot date and no time to get to your nail salon? Here’s a way to spruce up an old manicure: Keep a bright manicure glossy by swiping on a coat of clear polish.
Which nail shape do you prefer? I’m more of a Squoval fan!
Dare to share! Please send us your latest nail design and which nail shape you prefer to firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can upload and share.
Also, send all your beauty questions to me at email@example.com.