Soccer star apologises for hosting ‘sex party’ during lockdown

Francis Akhalbey Apr 6, 2020 at 09:00am

April 06, 2020 at 09:00 am | News

Francis Akhalbey

Francis Akhalbey | Staff Writer

April 06, 2020 at 09:00 am | News

England international and Manchester City soccer player, Kyle Walker hosted a 'sex party,' breaching social distancing rules -- Photo via @kylewalker2 on Instagram

England international, Kyle Walker, has issued an apology after inviting two escorts to his home for a ‘sex party’ with another friend, breaching the British government’s directive on staying indoors and social distancing to curb the spread of COVID-19.

Walker, 29, allegedly invited the escorts over for a three-hour sex session, hours before urging people to stay at home in a video on Wednesday, The Sun revealed. The Premier League winning star and his friend allegedly paid the hookers £2,200 ($2,705) each to sleep with them.

One of the escorts told the British tabloid she was unaware Walker was a prominent English player until the other woman she came with told her.

“I work with an agency in Manchester. I got a message from my boss saying a high-profile client was looking for somebody classy,” she said. “I got a cab from Manchester to the address and a driver picked me up outside and took me to the gates of his apartment.

“Then his friend came out and met me. There was another girl in the car too.”

Hours after the ladies left, Walker, who has played 48 times for the England national team, shared a video encouraging people to stay at home to protect themselves and the National Health Service (NHS). Before the hook-up, he also shared a video on his Instagram page campaigning for the same cause. The escort, however, called him out for being hypocritical.

“Kyle really should know better,” she told The Sun. “On the one hand he’s inviting strangers round to his house for sex, and the next day he’s lecturing everyone on the need to stay safe. He’s a hypocrite and putting people at risk.”

Walker has released a statement to apologise over the issue, Sky Sports reports.

“I want to take this opportunity to issue a public apology for the choices I made last week which have resulted in a story today (Sunday) about my private life in a tabloid newspaper. I understand that my position as a professional footballer brings the responsibility of being a role model. As such, I want to apologise to my family, friends, football club, supporters and the public for letting them down,” he said.

“There are heroes out there making a vital difference to society at the moment, and I have been keen to help support and highlight their amazing sacrifices and life-saving work over the past week.

“My actions in this matter are in direct contrast to what I should have been doing regarding the lockdown. And I want to re-iterate the message: Stay home, stay safe.”

Manchester City also released a statement confirming he’s going to face disciplinary action for flouting the lockdown and social distancing rules.

“Manchester City FC are aware of a story in a tabloid newspaper regarding the private life of Kyle Walker in relation to a breach of the UK lockdown and social distancing rules,” the statement read.

“Footballers are global role models, and our staff and players have been working to support the incredible efforts of the NHS and other key workers in fighting the effects of the Covid-19 coronavirus, in any way we can. Kyle’s actions in this matter have directly contravened these efforts.

“We are disappointed to hear the allegations, note Kyle’s swift statement and apology, and will be conducting an internal disciplinary procedure in the coming days.”

The number of people infected with coronavirus in the United Kingdom currently stands at almost 48,000 with over 4,900 deaths.

Most viewed

Conversations

Must Read