African staple foods are as diverse as the unique cultures and traditions present in the African continent. While the ingredients are relatively similar, the diversity of African cuisine largely lies in the style and technique of preparation. Due to their wide availability, most of these foods have become the backbone of meal times for most African families. Here are seven of the most popular African staple foods.
You may also like
- ‘Indecent and immoral’ – Egypt jails five female TikTok influencers
- Darnell Atkins, the Black male nail technician defying gender norms in the billion-dollar industry
- ‘What a joy!’ – Rwanda leader Kagame “officially” a grandparent, shares his excitement
- A look at Boubou, Senegal’s loose-fitting garment worn by both sexes
- ‘We’re in shock’ – Dubai Crown Prince pays hospital bills of Nigerian mother stranded with quadruplets
- “Slavery was a necessary evil to build America” – Sen. Tom Cotton
- Five things you should know about record-breaking gymnast Gabby Douglas
- Why did a Zulu king invite a delegation of Europeans to a meeting only to kill 100 of them?
- Stono Rebellion: The largest slave revolt in America led by slaves from Kongo in 1739