African staple foods are as diverse as the unique cultures and traditions present in the African continent. While the ingredients are relatively similar, the diversity of African cuisine largely lies in the style and technique of preparation. Due to their wide availability, most of these foods have become the backbone of meal times for most African families. Here are seven of the most popular African staple foods.
You may also like
- Melaninterest: Finally, we have a ‘Black Pinterest’ to cater to the Black community online
- Serena Williams and daughter Olympia star in first fashion campaign together and the internet is loving it
- Vanessa Williams opens up about ‘hurtful’ criticisms from Black community after historic Miss America win
- Meet the music producer turned mac and cheese mogul who worked with Pitbull, A$AP Rocky
- Did you know the freed slave kneeling before Lincoln was Muhammad Ali’s great-great-great-grandfather?
- This African American woman got no credit for designing the image of Roosevelt on the U.S dime in 1944
- Woman who won $188M in lottery is being sued by her ex from prison – after bailing him out many times
- A look at the oldest black-owned business in the U.S. founded in 1881 and still going strong
- Mexicans of African Descent Established Los Angeles on This Day in 1781