Africa is blessed with some of the most treasured UNESCO World Heritage sites in the world, most of which either occurred naturally or were created thousands of years ago. However, these sites are under serious threat as farmers and mining companies seek to expand their activities. It is therefore the duty of every African to ensure that these sites, which represent Africa’s true identity and rich history, are well preserved. Here are five of the most popular World Heritage sites in Africa.
- Why Jermaine Jackson ‘stole’ his younger brother’s lady and married her
- Born and killed in Egypt, the story of the first female mathematician, Hypatia
- Afro-jazz pioneer Manu Dibango dies from coronavirus
- Nnamdi Asomugha, the Nigerian-American husband of Kerry Washington you never hear about
- We want sex – Kenya female prisoners beg officials