Forbes Africa, in collaboration with Channel O recently released a list of the top 10 richest African artistes of today. The list was determined by factors such as business ventures and endorsement deals. Below are the artistes who made the list and the reason why:
1. Akon – Over 130 million album sales, Lady Gaga and T-Pain career launch, CEO of Konvict Music, multiple brand ambassador.
More about this
2. Don Jazzy – Producer, singer, songwriter, CEO of Mavin Records, endorsement deals with Samsung and MTN, has worked with Jay Z, Kanye West and Beyonce, produced Oliver Twist.
3. P-Square – Africa’s most famous twins, featured twice in Forbes Africa, over 40 million album sales, travel with full band, lucrative Globacom deal.
4. D’Banj – Collaborated with Snoop Lion, G.O.O.D. Music deal, won several awards, original koko master, Africa’s superstar.
5. Wizkid – First recorded music at the age of 11, owns Star Boy Entertainment, most followed African artist on social media, Africa’s superstar.
6. 2face Idibia – Singer, songwriter, producer, sold over 10 million copies, six million digital sales, Oxfam and One ambassador, founder of 2face Idibia Reach-Out foundation.
7. Aselmo Ralph – Sold 800,000 in music sales, 250 performances in 2012, Samsung and Coca-Cola endorsements, label bought tour bus and millions of YouTube views.
8. Sarkodie – Presidential Youth Ambassador, Sark clothing line, Sarkodie Foundation, Samsung Brand Ambassador, won 14 awards, Fan Milk Ghana endorsement.
9. Ice Prince – Six million downloads, 114 performances in 2012, One Ambassador, Rhythm ‘N’ Play Ambassador, two music studios and Zamani Foundation.
10. Banky W – Co-owner of EME Records, Samsung Ambassador, Industrial Engineer and published author.