How Sean August moved from J.P. Morgan to start his own firm advising high-net-worth individuals 

Abu Mubarik October 24, 2023
Sean August is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of The August Wealth Management Group. Photo credit: Sean August on Facebook

Sean August is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of The August Wealth Management Group, a Private Wealth Management Firm, based in New York. The fee-only firm provides investment advice and financial planning to high-net-worth individuals, businesses, and institutions. 

Also, the company has initiatives like the Justice-Impacted Individuals (I.J.I.) project, where it creates investment accounts for jailed people. It also runs the 1% Private Wealth fintech app which seeks to democratize financial services for the remaining 99% of the population.

August has past experience in managing assets at some of the world’s largest financial institutions. He also draws on the insights and experience of preeminent wealth managers to achieve success.

Clients who choose August’s firm say they do so because of its proven record of success in the financial services industry. “Unfettered by the conflicts of interest and office politics affiliated with larger corporations, we are positioned to put our clients’ goals first,” the firm says, adding that it offers a level of personalized service and open communication not often found at larger organizations.

In 2022 alone, August generated more than $15 million in revenue, according to Forbes. Also, his achievements saw him featured on Forbes 30 Under 30, Class of 2023.

August also doubles as an author. He has created the Self-Education Series where he has penned children’s books, sharing his insight and experience with the hopes of teaching children the basics of Financial Literacy, Money, Business, Entrepreneurship, Definiteness of Purpose, as well as the benefits of attaining Financial Freedom, according to his profile on LinkedIn.

August started his career as a Stockbroker on Wall Street, in New York City. He became an Award-Winning Stockbroker and Business Specialist at J.P Morgan, thereby earning recognition for the following: #1 in the Market, #5 in the Region, and National Sales Achiever.

At Morgan Stanley, he served as Wealth Advisor and Financial Planning Specialist, based out of the Global Headquarters, in Purchase, NY.

Last Edited by:Mildred Europa Taylor Updated: October 24, 2023


Must Read

Connect with us

Join our Mailing List to Receive Updates