The 4th annual Africa Innovate conference, will be held on Friday 11th and Saturday 12th April 2014 at the MIT Media Lab.
“At MIT, we believe in creating a platform for groundbreaking ideas and in fostering an environment that forges the networks that will enable these ideas to flourish”
Africa Innovate is an intimate showcase of the latest ideas and innovations in entrepreneurship, finance, healthcare, energy and education. In addition to our panels, our esteemed Keynotes reflect on how they have made their contribution to the continent’s development. Our Vision Talks allow select guests to share the important ideas they want you to be a part of developing. Finally, our 2014 Business Plan Competition gives young upstarts the opportunity to present their ideas to movers and shakers and walk away with funds to take their vision for Africa to the next level.
Tickets are still available but they wont last forever. Come see the most forward-thinking ideas shaping Africa’s future, please register today.
Energy: Lighting up Africa
MIT has a history of world-shifting innovation in the Energy space. This year, the conference, in association with the MIT Energy Initiative/Energy4Development, host some of the key movers and shakers shedding light on the dark continent.
We are joined by the founder of West Africa’s largest indigenous oil and gas company and key investor in power infrastructure, a commissioner driving one of the most innovative regions on the continent, and a CEO at the heart of developments in Nigeria’s natural gas.
- Co‐Founder and Group Executive Director of Sahara Group
- Sahara’s portfolio includes 19 companies operating in Africa, Europe, Asia and the Middle East
- Heads strategic expansion for Sahara’s energy portfolio
- Founder of the Nehemiah Youth Empowerment Initiative
- Managing Director and CEO of Nigeria LNG Limited
- Former Vice President of HSE, Infrastructure and Logistics for Shell companies in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Fellow, UK Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply
- Over 20 years of Oil and Gas Industry experience
- Managing Director, GE Africa
- Founder and Chairman of Africa 2.0 Foundation
- Led various investment and advisory transactions covering the Telecommunications, Water and Power sectors in more than 20 African countries
- 2014 Forbes Top 10 Most Powerful Men in Africa
Learn more about the panelists and keynote speakers here .