Africa Foundation is an idea. It’s the shared vision of three organizations; one in South Africa, the United Kingdom and one in the United States of America – with the same name and the same mission and objectives.
OUR MISSION AND PURPOSE
Africa Foundation facilitates the empowerment and development of people living in or adjacent to protected areas in Africa, by forging unique partnerships between conservation initiatives and communities. We fund projects based on the needs within the communities surrounding conservation areas, specifically in the following three areas:
- Education – school improvement, bursary schemes, conservation lessons
- Healthcare – primary healthcare centres, HIV/AIDs awareness programmes, access to water, sanitation
- Income Generating Activities – agricultural projects, skills centres, entrepreneurial support
A key Africa Foundation aim is to help break the cycle of poverty. We therefore seek to support projects that combine to provide a ‘conveyor belt’ of resources from pre-natal care, right the way through to university bursaries.
Mindfulness and the simple acts of human compassion, awareness and generosity can change a life, a thousand lives, a hundred lives, a culture, societies and, most importantly, generations to come.
In our 19 years of operation, Africa Foundation has achieved the following:
- Built over 170 classrooms, 25 pre-schools, school kitchens, bathrooms, media centers, libraries and teachers' accommodations
- Built 6 day care centers for orphans and vulnerable children
- Trained over 500 teachers and 7,000 pupils in environmental awareness
- Awarded university level scholarships to over 250 aspiring community leaders
- Built and support 4 health clinics in remote rural areas
- Funded water relief programs including access to potable water for more than 25,000 school children
- Facilitated the establishment of food gardens
- Led HIV/AIDs initiatives
For more information, visit www.africafoundation.org.