With summer upon us, we can all look forward to wearing the hottest fashions. Summer is all about unveiling dazzling colors and bright patterns. These hot summer trends consist of vibrant colors, including the color blocking trend, prints, and a variety of textures. These trends are sure to keep you looking hot and sizzling this summer.
1. A Bold Dress: A summer must-have from H&M would be a bold colored dress that will be great for going out to a nice occassion. A bold dress can be made to look simple, elegant and chic with an off-color belt to spice up the dress.
2. Jeans: Flared jeans, bootcut jeans, and wide leg jeans are all great this season. Pair them with a simple blouse, bold accessories, and a pair of bright pumps. This is a season of contrasts! Flared legs, skinny and straight legged jeans are all also on-trend. You can purchase a pair from Old,Navy, H&M, Zara, and even at your local thrift shop.
3. A Striped Item: Multi-coloured, low contrast, high contrast, and narrow width stripes. You can pair stripes with floral patterns to give an abstract look. There are different types of stripes to try. Angela Simmons also has a line of short stripe dresses for the summer.
4. Wedged Sandals: Wedges are great and most of the time comfortable. The heel can be either high or low so it's great for anyone. Aldo has two different pair of African print wedges for $90. The colors are earthy and easy to match.
5. Nude Color Lipstick: This summer, sporting a nude color lipstick will add that nice finishing to your lips. Especially when there is a lot going with your outfit, you’d want a lipstick that isn't to bright or too bold.
6. Nude Makeup is also popular this season because it highlights your natural beauty. Choose a lighter color than the normal color of your lips, so your face looks brighter and not too flashy. For people with dark skin, you can try Bobby Brown in hot cocoa or chocolate, MAC lipstick in coconutty, or MAC Lustreglass in trance plant. For those with caramel skin, you can try MAC lipstick in fresh brew, MAC Lipstick in siss, or MAC lipstick in “stay in touch.” People with tan skin can try MAC lipstick in freckletone, MAC lipstick in fresh brew, MAC lisptick in velvet teddy, or MAC lipstick in half n’ half.
7. White Clothing: White has certainly become the go-to color this season. All white with a colored shoe and a nice choker would do great. You can also wear white with a little bit of neutral. Remember less is more.
8. Flats: Get a pair of metallic sandals in colors ranging from classic gold and silver to sweet bright pastels.
9. A Floppy Hat: Get a floppy hat to match your maxi dress. Floppy hats are so 70s, and they’re coming back with a bang this season. Floppy hats look great on everyone and can be worn on almost anything. We recommend them in these colors: white, tan, yellow and cream.
10. Sheer Clothing: Don't want to wear too much? Purchase a sheer top. They’re great for everyday outings, or even on the beach.
11. A Bathing Suit: Summers are for bathing suits! Switch from wearing tired old T-shirts and shorts to a nice bathing suit with cute shorts. If you feel you’re too exposed, you can wear a see-through sheer top for some coverage. Ituen Basi has cool printed bathing suit for the beach for about $20-$30.
There you go! Now rule the summer!