The life and times of some of the greatest Black leaders ended abruptly due to a number of assassinations, and even though the tactic is gruesome, some see it as a necessary action to take against leaders who challenge their views or popularity. Ironically, the murders have turned many slain leaders into timeless heroes. With several influential Black leaders having been assassinated in recent history, here is Face2Face Africa‘s highlight of 10 icons and their respective legacies.
You may also like
- Denied from joining a segregated female league, she made history playing alongside men
- Ever knew Martin Luther King Jr. was arrested 29 times for his civil rights work?
- Meet Norwell Roberts; first black police officer in London
- Remembering the black liberators who fought and freed the Dutch from the marauding Nazis
- The short life of Sylvia Elizabeth Mathis, FBI’s first African-American female special agent
- The untouchable Caribbean millionaire who became a gangster in NYC in the 1920s and conquered the Mafia
- The woman who jumped from the Empire State Building’s 86th floor and survived
- After suing Trayvon Martin’s family, George Zimmerman aims at Buttigieg and Warren in $265m suit
- Armed with a rifle, this badass slave became the first black woman employed to carry the U.S. mail