The life and times of some of the greatest Black leaders ended abruptly due to a number of assassinations, and even though the tactic is gruesome, some see it as a necessary action to take against leaders who challenge their views or popularity. Ironically, the murders have turned many slain leaders into timeless heroes. With several influential Black leaders having been assassinated in recent history, here is Face2Face Africa‘s highlight of 10 icons and their respective legacies.
You may also like
- Dangerfield Newby: Here’s the story of the real Django
- How Marcus Garvey actually read his own obituary in a newspaper two weeks before he died
- Ahanta – Once the Golden State of Africa which was ‘raped’ and robbed of her riches by Dutch colonialists
- How the refusal of white plantation owners to let mixed-race Haitians vote contributed to the revolution
- Did you know the freed slave kneeling before Lincoln was Muhammad Ali’s great-great-great-grandfather?
- This African American woman got no credit for designing the image of Roosevelt on the U.S dime in 1944
- Daniel Kaluuya reveals he wasn’t invited to ‘Get Out’ film premiere despite being the main character
- Mexicans of African Descent Established Los Angeles on This Day in 1781
- Remembering the first Queen of England of African descent