The Portuguese were the earliest European colonists to settle in Africa owing largely to the fascination of the ever-adventurous Portuguese prince, Henry the Navigator. From the island of Azores...
- May 18, 2018 at 07:52am This French Guiana slave from Gabon gained popularity as a 19th-century criminal and hero
- May 14, 2018 at 10:08am How Queen Nzinga of Angola fought and held off Portuguese control for over 30 years
- May 10, 2018 at 09:00am Why Patrice Lumumba’s widow marched bare-breasted across Leopoldville in 1961
- May 07, 2018 at 10:45am The secret of Rwanda’s economic miracle 24 years after the genocide
- February 26, 2018 at 11:33am The real reason why the Himba people in Namibia don’t bath
- February 19, 2018 at 06:04am Morgan Tsvangirai: The president Zimbabwe never had
- February 12, 2018 at 06:07am Africa’s last three monarchies and why they remain standing
- February 05, 2018 at 07:14am Mali’s Timbuktu: once the ‘Paris’ of the medieval world
- July 12, 2016 at 09:00am Elechi Amadi’s Death and the Future of African Literature
- July 08, 2016 at 10:45am Between Despair and the Deep Mediterranean Sea”: African Migrants and the Migration Crisis in Europe
- 2 years ago The Truth Behind Black Africans with Blue Eyes
- 2 weeks ago Why Patrice Lumumba’s widow marched bare-breasted across Leopoldville in 1961
- 3 months ago Africa’s last three monarchies and why they remain standing
- 2 years ago PollAre Humans from Africa Responsible for the Extinction of Neanderthals in Europe?
- 2 years ago 10 Influential Black Leaders Assassinated for Their Beliefs