Face2face Africa is proud to announce that we will be joining The Network Journal as a media sponsor to their signature annual event, the "25 Influential Black Women in Business" Awards this Thursday, March 22, at the Marriot Marquis Ballroom in New York City.
Brenda Blackmon, Co-Anchor of My9 WWOR-TV and Author of “A Mom’s Story,” Is
Mistress of Ceremonies of the Luncheon.
In its 14th Annual, the 25 Influential Black Women in Business Awards honors women whose professional achievements have significantly impacted an industry or profession, and who also have made an important contribution to their community.
“The women we are honoring in the 14th year of these awards span job titles, industries and expertise, but they share the same traits: passion, drive and focus. They are at the forefront of American leadership and symbolize the diversity and advancement that has occurred across industry lines,” TNJ Publisher and CEO Aziz Gueye Adetimirin said. “We salute them for achieving significant levels of success in their businesses and professional careers and for their contributions to their community.”
TNJ’s 2012 extraordinary women are:
- Maureen E. Archibald, Executive Director, Harvest of Hope Family Services Network, Inc.
- Verona Brewton, Director, Minority Initiatives, Zimmer, Inc.
- Angela Brock-Kyle, Managing Director, TIAA-CREF
- Julia M. Brown, CPO & SVP, Global Procurement Kraft Foods, Inc.
- Chrysa Chin, VP, Player Development, National Basketball Association (NBA)
- Shauna Johnson Clark, Partner-In-Charge, Houston, Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.
- Patricia A. David, Managing Director, Global Head of Diversity, JP Morgan Chase
- Charlene D. Faison, Manager, Nuclear Licensing Programs, Entergy Nuclear Operations
- Wanda Felton, First VP and Vice Chair, Export Import Bank of the United States
- Vicky L. Free, EVP, Marketing, & Brand Strategy, BET Networks
- Jackie Glenn, Chief Diversity Officer, EMC2 Corporation
- Jeniffer Harper-Taylor, President, Siemens Foundation
- Darline Jean, President and Chief Executive Officer, The About Group
- Rose Stuckey Kirk, President, Verizon Foundation, Verizon Communications
- Michele Lawrence, SVP & Community Banking President for the Delaware Valley Central Market, Wells Fargo
- Ellen McClain, EVP and Chief Operating Officer, NYRA, The New York Racing Association, Inc.
- Patricia A. Mitchell, Executive Vice President, Industrial Bank
- Karen Morris, SVP, Human Resources, Meijer, Inc.
- Lauren P. Raysor, Esq., Lawyer, Author & Motivational Speaker, Lauren P. Raysor Law Offices
- Arva R. Rice, President & CEO, New York Urban League
- Kim Seymour, VP, Executive Talent Management, American Express Co.
- Karen Johnson Shaheed, Esq., Interim Provost & VP for Academic Affairs, Bowie State University
- Janet A. Simmons, President, Global Resource Solutions, Inc.
- Denise C. Soares, Executive Director, Harlem Hospital Center & Renaissance Healthcare Network
- M. DeLois (Dee) Strum, CEO, MDStrum Housing Services, Inc.
The program includes a cocktail networking reception, lunch and awards presentation with Mistress of Ceremonies Brenda Blackmon, Co-Anchor My9 WWOR-TV and Author of “A Mom’s Story.” As a signature TNJ event that attracts a “Who’s Who” of business executives and decision makers from various industries, the luncheon sells out each year.
Tickets are $285.00 if purchased before March 9th and $335.00 thereafter. Sponsors this year are: L’Oreal USA, Wells Fargo, Entergy, State Farm, Macy’s, Zimmer, WNYC, and WBLS-FM.