President Theodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo is leading Jose Eduardo and Mugabe as the longest-serving president in Africa. In total, he has spent 37 years in office as the president of Equatorial Guinea and even doubles as the longest-serving president in the world. He is one of the wealthiest heads of state with a net worth of $600 million, according to Forbes. As of 2006, 78.8 percent of his nation’s population lived in poverty.
- ‘I don’t care’ – Another video of police pinning black man to death released
- ‘Instead of bashing me, thank me’ – Teen who filmed George Floyd’s death hits out at critics
- Atlanta cop who beat 15-year-old black boy till he went unconscious gets 20-year sentence
- White North Carolina man who viciously punched 11-year-old black girl gets no jail time
- The enslaved black people of the 1960s who did not know slavery had ended